- posted in: Newsletters
“…I have come for your words.”
Look at Daniel 10:12. In this verse, Daniel is having a vision. A spiritual being, sent from God tells him that words that he had spoken (weeks earlier) had been heard in the spirit world and that he has come to him because of what Daniel said. Look at the power of words! They move things in the spiritual realm. The things we experience and don’t experience are connected to what we are saying and not saying.
The Bible says that our tongue has the same power over our lives as a rudder has over a ship. James 3:4 (ESV) says, “Look at the ships too: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs.” Jesus is our Lord, but He has made us the pilot of our lives (like the owner of a ship that hires someone to steer it for him). We direct our lives into The Lord’s will with our words. The pilot of a ship recognizes that if his ship is not in the port of New York, it is because he did not steer the rudder of the ship towards New York.
Here is an example closer to our experience: If I was at an airport and wanted to go to Tampa, Florida, I would get on the plane next to the word Tampa. I wouldn’t get on any planes next to the names of cities where I didn’t want to go. And I would never get on a plane to the city where I already was! Words steer us to our destination. Don’t speak about where you are unless you want to stay there. Speak of where you want to go. We are where we are today because of the words we have spoken in the past. But what joy it is to know that we can go anywhere in life as long as we begin to and keep on saying it!
Have you had problems with your body? Join the club. Perhaps you are dealing with an addiction. Maybe your body has strong desires to do things that you know aren’t right. Are you dealing with chronic sickness? Do you get into situations where fear grips you so badly that your body freezes up and you have problems breathing? You can live completely free from all of this and more! God gives us the answer in His Word. James 3:2 (ESV) says, “… if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.” Simply put, any problem that we have with our body can be solved with the tongue. You may not see the change immediately just as steering a ship rudder towards New York doesn’t mean it arrives immediately. But keep that rudder pointing in the right direction and it will arrive, guaranteed. Keep speaking the promises of God and you will get into all the good that He has planned for you. Speak God’s Word and live free!
We just returned from a great trip to the USA.
• The Missions Prep Class met again at Family Church Fredonia in January. Rev. Daphne taught. People are growing and getting a vision for what God has for them on the foreign field. Awesome!
• We ministerd in New York, Pennsylvania, and Georgia – 6 times in 22 days.
• Thank you for the many great meetings with Pastors and partners. You were so hospitable and generous!
God is doing good things in Burgos, Spain!
• We visit many family businesses in Burgos. Some, like the brothers in the above picture are extremely dear. They give us products generously, teach us about Spain, and introduce us to their friends, family and clients. We often have opportunities to share the gospel and our faith in God through these relationships.
• Daphne recently went to the hairdresser. As the owner visited with us, I thought that I should invite her to a meeting. Before I got a chance, she said that she wanted to come and to bring a friend. Fish are jumping in our boat. Praise God!
• We are so pleased to see one of the key people in the church maturing a lot. Their faith and commitment is growing exceedingly, and they are taking an important role in the church!